Thursday 30 April 2009

Ceremony Music - Part 4 - The Recessional

And now comes to the piece of music that we are struggling most with - the recessional song - or the one we walk out as husband and wife to.

We've narrowed it down to a few choices, but still don't know which one to choose. I would like it something a little upbeat and "celebration-y" but at the same time nice lyrics! I know a popular choice is "Signed Sealed Delivered" by the wonderful Stevie Wonder - but listen to the lyrics people it's about a dude who left his missus and hopes that she'll take him back! I know people go for it for the "Signed Sealed Delivered" bit, but uh-uh *shakes finger*

The number one choice at the moment, lyrics wise is

Forever and For Always - Shania Twain



It's a little bit country sounding, but it's nice an upbeat and has lovely lyrics too!

Then there's the rock choice

The Best Thing - Savage Garden



Which I think with the intro might be a bit rocky for the guests
(._.) but the words, the words!

And then there's the song that I love the beat of, but I don't think the words go that well as the opening line is "I started talking then the line went dead" (>
。<) I don't think so! The rest of the song gets nice though, but the opening is pretty much what we'll hear! So that's probably a no.

You're the World To Me - David Gray




Finally we've got

Everything - Michael Buble



So many choices - but which one do we choose
(・_・?)

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment